Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Naturals in The New York Times

I want to share this article I accessed through Kimmaytube's YouTube vlog. I'm beyond happy that these ladies are getting such attention. I'm even more excited that this movement of going natural is getting such attention. 


Wearing our natural hair has caused quite a sir in our own community and has challenged our perspective of ourselves culturally and socially. I feel that there is more of self-respect (correct me if i'm wrong) among naturals that other cultures will acknowledge. 


I don't know about you, but I didn't know Mae and Curly Nikki were as young as they are. I'm astonished at their how accomplished they are in their personal lives and how they have gained the attention of thousands, in their own way from their homes. I truly admire these ladies. I could go on and on, but I won't. enjoy the article


The New York Times: 'Going Natural' Requires Lots of Help

No comments:

Post a Comment