Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 23, 2011

New braids, new shampoo

I was adventurous with my braid design this time around. I'm not as comfortable with it as I thought I would be, nor did it turn out exactly how I thought it would. This look defiantly needs hair accessories to take the edge off.

Before I went to get braided this afternoon I washed my hair. Saying that is actually saying a lot because I do not like the process of washing my hair. Last Saturday morning when at my mom's house I washed my and conditioned my hair with Motions and did a hot Jojoba oil treatment. I was able to put it in a puff and let it air dry. That same night  I made two rows of flat twist and Bantu knots. When I took them out in the morning I sprayed it down with Motions oil sheen. From then until now I've put nothing on my hair but oil (Once I got back I used my Motions Marula oil on my hair and scalp) and water and that has really worked for moisture. So when I go to wash my hair this morning I'm dreading having to strip my hair of this oil with my sulfate shampoo. Plus if it stripped my hair then I would have to use conditioner and I didn't want to go through all that. I looked around my bathroom and grabbed my black soap bar. The ingredients are:
Pure honey
Shea Butter  
Osun (Carmwood)
Cocoa pod powder
Plantain peel powder
Palm kernel oil
Coconut oil
Water 
Aloe Vera
It worked like a charm! My hair was clean but the oil was still there. I allowed my to drip dry and the curl was the best I had ever seen after a wash. I think my search for an all chemical free shampoo is over.
Before the wash




My attempt at accessorizing this du. The clip is a top mini
hat with feathers and a bow.


No comments:

Post a Comment