Total Pageviews

Monday, March 12, 2012

Back from the Brink

Where do I begin?...the frustration...the breakage....the just in time recovery?


My hair and I have been through it these past few months. I thought going back to my old faithful braids would be just what I needed, but the dryness and the breakage was still there. After that stint I latched on to flat twists and bantu knots. I said, "This is it! I'm riding this hair style out to BSL!" Until I saw a picture of myself at our church's Christmas banquet. 
That's not a bald spot! Just a natural part. But you can see that
gap toward the back.

Me and "Scrooge".  I made the costumes for the banquet.

My hair had broken off so much. I really thought I would be bald at that rate.


Beside dealing with my hair, life was turning tricks on me too. There were short hours on the job, nothing but short change in my pocket, and trying to find a new place to live was turning into a desperate situation. The DIY was getting old and all I wanted to do was run to the nearest salon and let them chop it off.


Who has been there??


Things have gotten all around better (yay). I realized I can't do everything, but I can start with some things. I bought


                             A pair of hair scissors
                             Bottled water
                             My old faithful motions shampoo and conditioner
                             Sofn'free milk protein & olive oil leave in treatment (mouth full lol)
                             Hats



I really tried to identify what was attacking my strands.


                           My ends were knotted and split.
                           They were snagging on themselves and chewing my strands up
                           The dry air and hard water was working hard against me
                           I wasn't using anything keep any moisture
                         


I didn't go GI Jane with the scissors but I clipped the ends as much as needed (up to 1/2 inch). The soft water made my hair feel like cashmere! I was never a fan of leave-in conditioners, but this one is working! I keeps me soft from wash to wash. Last, I keep my hair braided or twisted and under a super cute knit hat. I don't even let my hair out for church on Sunday if I ca help it.


Right now I feel great. I feel I'm back on track. I hope this is a light at the end of a tunnel for someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment