Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Skin Care Survival Kit


This Saturday I restocked on skin care necessities. I think I have successfully weaned myself off of Mary Kay products...well, most of Mary Kay products. I still have memories of my long emptied bottles of the Microderm Abrasion duo. It's called the Miracle set for a reason, lol.  Last month I tried using African Black soap (the real stuff, the ugly brownish stuff) and Vitamin E capsules with ginseng. This didn't necessarily do wonders for me, but I enjoyed the fresh clean felling on my face. The Black soap didn't  dry my skin out and the vitamin E absorbed into my skin without leaving my face looking shiny or feeling greasy.


In this trip to the beauty store I picked up another bottle of Vitamin E, but with Aloe and a much wanted tub of Shea butter (oh, yeah!) So far I really like the Vitamin E+ Aloe. It smells good, it fells cool on my face and it's very calming to painful blemishes. I've used Shea butter before to lighten my dark knees, but now I'm testing in on my  face. I'm only rubbing a thin layer on my chin for the next few weeks to see if it doesn't fade my scars and even out my tone. My t-zone might be a better place to test the effectiveness of the Shea butter but, I'm afraid to do that right now.


I am so happy I found a place that sells almonds in bulk here in South bay! I've driven by this market called Sprouts farmer's market a few times, but I finally went in this weekend. I'm glad I did! It reminds me of the Nugget at home. I love the atmosphere in these places. I love the quality of the produce and the SALES. Let me tell you- I checked out this place Saturday, last week, and spotted my almonds at $5.99 per/lb.   At home, at WinCo, I paid about $3.49 per/lb for locally grown almonds. I thought, "I'll make the sacrifice, I really need these."  When I went back to buy them this past Friday they were on sale for $3.99! I was beyond happy.


A note to all: Don't be afraid to shop the specialty markets. If you shop the sales you will fare better than you would at the super market or grocery store. 


Now that I have my almond supply checked off of my skin care list, I know almonds alone won't do. I really need to get more water in my diet.  When I say water I mean foods that have a high water content and natural cleansing abilities. Fruits and vegetables have this. I can't wait for Melons and grapes to some into season- BTW Sprouts have large honeydew for $1.99 each! I so love that place. Anyhoo, when I get my skin care arsenal fully loaded I'll share.



Florin Rd. Nugget. Sacramento, CA





The last thing I'm excited about is a natural coffee facial scrub. I'm going to pick it up from a new friend of mine who is developing a pantry bath and beauty skin care line. I've already sampled her sugar scrub and it was great. I can't wait to see how this coffee scrub will work for me.



Here's What's in My Kit so Far:
Black Soap
Vitamin E +Aloe
Shea Butter
Almonds
Bottled Water
    Coffee Facial Exfoliant



 





     

 

No comments:

Post a Comment